Alini Brito, NYC teacher, blames her diabetes for alleged naked romp with female co-worker, sues
NEW YORK (CBS/WCBS) Brooklyn high school Spanish teacher Alini Brito, who was fired for allegedly getting frisky with another female co-worker in a classroom, claims she was wrongfully terminated and is suing to get her job back.
Brito, a 30-year-old teacher at James Madison High School, told investigators that the janitor who reported her alleged risque romp was actually witnessing Cindy Mauro administering an insulin shot.
Brito, a diabetic, says she went to Mauro's classroom because she started to feel under the weather and she wanted her colleague to "check her blood sugar," reports The New York Daily News.
According to court documents obtained by CBS affiliate WCBS, the entire episode began Nov. 20, 2009 when the two teachers slipped away during a sing-and-dance competition in the auditorium after Brito says she started to feel the effects of her diabetes.
According to the report quoted by The Daily News, Mauro said she had candy in her office.
Brito claims she became so weak that she decided to lay down on the floor and took her sweater off so that Mauro could place it underneath her head. Mauro then used a chair to prop up Brito's legs in order "to aid her circulation," says The New York Daily News.
Cue the janitor who entered the classroom and says he saw two topless women rolling around on the floor and went to get the school safety officer Ruth Reyes.
Minutes later, Assistant Principal Jodie Cohen arrived and allegedly saw Brito attempting to pull herself together.
State arbitrator Mary Crangle said it was more than likely that the teachers were caught in the act and not playing doctor.
City officials did not believe Brito, who was reportedly found naked from the waist up with Mauro sans clothing kneeling between her legs. Brito was fired after the officials received the report Dec. 27.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times