Amy Dye, Missing Ky. Girl, Found Dead; Teenager Charged with Murder
(CBS/AP) Kentucky State Police say they've arrested a teenager for the murder of 9-year-old western Kentucky girl Amy Dye.
Police said in a statement Monday that they have charged a 17-year-old with murder and resisting arrest in the case. The child victim was reported missing Friday and was found dead before dawn Saturday in Todd County, between Trenton and Guthrie.
Preliminary autopsy results show the girl died of multiple blunt force trauma.
The teen was arrested Sunday afternoon and taken to the Warren County Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Bowling Green. Police spokesman Stu Recke (REK'-ee) declined to say whether the victim and the suspect knew each other.According to the Kentucky New Era newsapaper, the sheriff's department took a man and woman in separate patrol cars from the investigation scene to Trenton City Hall for questioning.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths