Nadin Khoury (VIDEO): Bullied 13-Year-Old Meets NFL's Philadelphia Eagles on "The View"
(CBS/KYW/AP) Receiver DeSean Jackson and two other Philadelphia Eagles paid a surprise visit Thursday to ABC's "The View." There, they greeted 13-year-old guest Nadin Khoury, a Pennsylvania middle schooler recently bullied and beaten, and gave him an autographed No. 10 Jackson jersey.
Jackson, as well as guard Todd Herremans and center Jamaal Jackson, were there to show their support for Khoury, who was set upon by a group of seven attackers last month, who videotaped the incident.
Jamaal Jackson presented a gift basket, and Herremans offered Eagles tickets to a game of Khoury's choice next season.
Police in the Philadelphia suburb of Upper Darby say seven teenagers were arrested in connection with an assault in which Khoury was attacked and kidnapped, apparently at random, hung from a fence post, and then upside down from a tree, according to CBS affiliate KYW.
Police say the assailants taped the incident on their cell phones, KYW reports.
Upper Darby Township Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the students were arrested Monday for the assault that happened in the parking lot of an apartment complex on Jan. 11.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports officers arrived at Upper Darby High School early Monday. Chitwood says the students arrested are ages 16 and 17.
Police said after the incident, Khoury , who attends the community's Beverly Hills Middle School, went home and 911 was called, reported KYW.
Chitwood says the bullied student did not suffer serious physical injuries, but did suffer "extreme mental anguish."
More on Crimesider
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands