Casey Anthony Update: Recordings Released of Interviews with Florida Mother's Former Prison Pen Pal
Along with the recorded interviews, The Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office released a number of photos and various documents.
In the interviews, an investigator questions Robyn Adams regarding the nature of her relationship with Anthony.
Adams reveals that despite being in protective custody, she and Anthony would communicate using signals and hand gestures before starting to pass letters, reports CBS affiliate WKMG.
According to The Orlando Sentinel, Adams told her father that she did not think she had any valuable information and would have come forward sooner if she had; however, Adams also tells her father that she is scared and does not want to be "blasted all over the news."
The hundreds of letters exchanged between Adams and Anthony were released to the public in April.
The state's attorney's office also released aerial images of the areas searched by authorities and volunteers during the months Anthony's daughter was missing, reports WKMG.
The prosecution plans to use these documents to discredit Laura Buchanan, one of the defense's key witnesses.
Buchanan said in a sworn statement that she had searched the exact spot where Caylee's body was found long after Anthony was incarcerated and found nothing.
If her statements are true, then Anthony could not have dumped the body as she has been accused, says WKMG.
However, the prosecution has interviewed several people who were searching with Buchanan who say they never went into the area where the little girl's body was found because it was flooded with water.
Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded area of Orange County in December 2008. She was reported missing in July of that year.
Anthony, who remains jailed on first-degree murder charges, has pleaded not guilty and maintains that Caylee was abducted by her babysitter. The trial is scheduled to begin in May.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death