Denver Pot Grower Who Bragged About it Got Busted, Gets Prison
Last February, federal agents raided his Highlands Ranch home and seized hundreds of pot plants growing in his basement. Finding the stash was pretty easy; according to CBS affiliate KCNC, the raid came after a Denver TV station interviewed Bartkowicz about how much money he expected to make under Colorado law.
Bartkowicz decided to plead guilty to three drug charges. The Denver Post reports that Bartkowicz was sentenced Friday after his plea bargain was accepted by a judge.
He's getting five years, but If he had gone to trial, Bartkowicz could have faced a life term because of a previous drug conviction.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times