Mary Kay Letourneau, Sex Scandal Teacher, Now a Grandmother
(CBS/AP) Mary Kay Letourneau, the teacher who made headlines more than a decade years ago for her sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student, is now a grandmother.
Letourneau, now 48, served more than seven years in prison for her affair with student Vili Fualaau. The two married shortly after Letourneau's release in 2004 and have two daughters together.
In December, Steve Letourneau, one of Mary's four children from her first marriage, became a father, NBC's Today Show reports.
Steve Letourneau is 26 years old - just a year younger than his stepfather.
Letourneau first met Fualaau, now a DJ in the Seattle area, when he was in the second grade. Their relationship became sexual when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old teacher at a suburban elementary school.
Letourneau was pregnant with Fualaau's first child when she was arrested in 1997. She pleaded guilty to second-degree child rape and was sentenced to 7-and-a-half years in prison, with all but six months suspended.
Within weeks of her release, she was caught having sex with Fualaau in her car and ordered to serve the remainder of her sentence.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles