Porn Star Sexy Cora Dies After Sixth Breast Operation, Doctors Charged
NEW YORK (CBS) Two doctors have been charged with negligent manslaughter after German porn star "Sexy Cora" died during her sixth breast enlargement operation, according to reports.
The 23-year-old actress, who's real name is Carolin Berger, fell into a coma on Jan. 11 during surgery at a clinic in Hamburg, a spokesperson for the state prosecutor told CNN.
BBC News reports that she may had suffered from two heart attacks after the procedure.
A statement from the clinic obtained by CNN said the doctors were "extremely upset and deeply regret the death."
"As matters stand currently a defect in the anesthetizing device can be ruled out," the clinic statement said. "The claim that the monitoring could have given readings other than the actual vital functions of the patient has nothing to do with the facts and has no connection to reality."
The doctors in question are cooperating with police, the statement reads.
The cause of death is unclear and autopsy is scheduled take place next week.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan