Oak Beach Bodies Update: Megan Waterman, Maine Woman, I.D.'d as Victim Among Long Island Bodies
She was last seen at a Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge, N.Y. on June 6. Her body was found Dec. 13.
Suffolk County police also say they are close to identifying the other remains uncovered in the same area.
Police accidentally discovered the bodies in December. The four dead were strewn over a quarter-mile stretch of marshy grasslands, overgrown shrubbery and sea grass on a barrier island, near an oceanfront parkway.
Police Commissioner Richard Dormer and Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Wednesday they were very close to identifying the other remains.
Authorities have collected DNA samples and medical records from other families who contacted them after the remains were discovered in December.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase