Brandi Favre (PICTURES): Brett Favre's Sister Released After Meth Bust
DIAMONDHEAD, Miss. (CBS/AP) Brandi Favre, the sister of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, has been released on bail following an arrest on methamphetamine charges.
The arrest occurred less than two weeks after Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was fined $50,000 by the NFL and then sued by two masseuses who say he sexually harassed them.
Brandi Favre, 34, wearing orange prison scrubs and a GAP sweat shirt with her hands cuffed in front of her, was in the courtroom less than 10 minutes.
Hancock County Justice Court Judge Tom Carver Sr. agreed to arraign Favre before her co-defendants because of the attention she drew.
Favre had been jailed on $40,000 bond on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine and generating hazardous waste.
Favre was arrested during a raid on a Mississippi condo where people were making crystal meth, according to police.
The 34-year-old was among five people arrested Wednesday in Diamondhead, located about 60 miles northeast of New Orleans, and was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and generating hazardous waste, said Hancock County Sheriff's Maj. Matt Karl.
Hazardous materials teams had to clear the condo, Karl said. According to WLOX, he described the chemical smell in the condo as "overwhelming," causing officials to evacuate seven neighboring units.
Karl said officers are "very familiar" with her. "She's always in trouble," he said.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case