"Messy Mya" Murder Suspect Arrested in YouTube Comedian's Death
NEW ORLEANS (CBS/WWL) A suspect wanted by police in connection with the shooting death of YouTube comedian "Messy Mya" was apprehended by Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies early Saturday, according to a spokesman.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman Col. John Fortunato told CBS affiliate WWL that the New Orleans Police Department had issued an arrest warrant for 24-year-old Jason Hamilton.
Hamilton was taken into custody without incident, according to Fortunato.
The 22-year-old comedian "Messy Mya," born Anthony Barre, was known for his provocative online rants.
Barre was shot and killed Nov. 14 during a baby shower for his unborn son in New Orleans.
Cell phone photos purportedly snapped after Barre was shot have been circulating online.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen