Pa. Man Celebrates Son's Birth with Joint, Faces Drug Charges, Say Police
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (CBS/AP) Police say a new father faces drug charges, because he lit up a marijuana joint to celebrate the birth of his child at a western Pennsylvania hospital.
Police aren't identifying the man found smoking the pot in a designated smoking area of Uniontown Hospital Tuesday morning, but say he'll face possession charges.
At least it was a designated smoking area.
Uniontown police Sgt. Jonathan Grabiak tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that a nurse smelled the marijuana when she took a cigarette break in the same area, and a hospital security guard called police about 3:20 a.m.
Grabiak says the man told him, "I'm having a baby and wanted to get a buzz," then pulled a bag of marijuana from his shoe.
The man was released to a family member and ordered to leave the hospital.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted