FarmVille Playing Mom Admits She Killed Infant Who Interrupted Facebook Game
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) Alexandra Tobias, a Florida mother accused of shaking her 3-month-old son to death after he interrupted her FarmVille game on Facebook, has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
The 22-year-old was charged in the January death of her baby, Dylan Lee Edmondson.
She entered her plea on Wednesday.
Tobias told investigators she became angry after the baby cried while she was playing the computer farm simulation game, and she shook him.
She also said she smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook the baby again, at which time he may have hit his head, the station reported.
State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years in prison, but a prosecutor said Tobias' sentence could be shorter than that.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen