Brett Favre-Jenn Sterger (PICTURES): NFL Looking at Photos Too?
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (CBS/AP) The NFL is reviewing allegations that racy audio and pictures were sent by Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre to sports reporter Jenn Sterger, after the Gawker sports blog Deadspin released voicemails and explicit pictures that they say feature Favre.
League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday that the NFL is "reviewing the matter" when asked about the reports.
Crimesider spoke to CBS News legal analyst Trent Copeland, who said that even though "Favre is a hall of fame-caliber quarterback, at the end of the day, he's an employee." And just like any other employee, he's supposed to follow the rules and regulations of his employer, especially regarding the treatment of other employees.
Sterger was also employed by the Jets at the time of the alleged incidents.
When asked about the Deadspin report at a press conference Thursday, Favre said, "I'm not getting into that. I've got my hands full with the Jets and am trying to get some timing down with our guys, so that's all I'm going to discuss."
The Vikings and Jets play Monday night in New York.
Deadspin reported that a man alleged to be the 40-year-old quarterback contacted Sterger, then working as a sideline reporter for the Jets, on MySpace and began leaving her voicemails. The website posted a video of the voicemails and several graphic pictures allegedly sent to Sterger's cell phone.
Sterger's website describes her as an actress, model, writer and television host. The 26-year-old is now a personality for Versus, a sports-oriented cable channel.
Sterger's manager Phil Reese said she is "not doing any interviews or commenting at this time," but that "Jenn did not provide Deadspin with any information."
Favre has been married to his wife, Deanna, for 14 years.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
October 8, 2010 - Jenn Sterger-Brett Favre Scandal: What's at Stake?
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out