Lindsay Lohan Jail Sequel: Actress Back Behind Bars in Ongoing Drug-Drunk Driving Saga
A Los Angeles judge has refused to set bail and ordered her to remain in custody. Immediately following Friday's hearing, which lasted only ten minutes, bailiffs escorted the 24-year-old Lohan from the Beverly Hills courtroom.
Her next stop was the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood, the same facility she was released from less than two months ago.
The "Mean Girls" actress entered the facility Friday surrounded by sheets which were being held up in order to shield her from onlookers and paparazzi.
It will be Lohan's third jail stint in a 3-year-old drug and drunken driving case after a pair of high-profile arrests in 2007.
The only difference from her previous jail stints is that this time Lohan will not be released early.
Two weeks ago, Lohan tested positive for cocaine and amphetamines at a random drug screening, and then admitted her failure via Twitter calling it a "setback," reports RadarOnline.
After publicly admitting her "setback," a judge issued a warrant for her arrest, which led to today's court appearance.
According to People, "She's being held by court order until her hearing on Oct. 22. She will be held in the same conditions as her last stay, in a keep-away unit."
Until that formal probation violation hearing, Lohan will have to sit tight for 28 days in her 8 by 12-foot jail cell to learn her sentence for failing two court-ordered drug tests.Complete Coverage of Lindsay Lohan on Crimesider.
ALSO ON CRIMESIDER
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web