Audrey Grabarkiewicz and Sarah Lindsay (PICTURES): Teachers Charged in Sex Party Case
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (CBS/AP) Audrey Grabarkiewicz and Sarah Lindsay, two South Carolina teachers who worked with pre-school children, have been arrested and accused of corrupting teens at several parties that included drugs, alcohol and sex.
Multiple media outlets reported that 42-year-old Lindsay and 44-year-old Grabarkiewicz of Boiling Springs, S.C. were arrested Monday by Spartanburg County sheriff's deputies.
The alleged "sex parties" took place in July and August of this year, at the suspects' homes, police told CBS affiliate WSPA.
Grabarkiewicz was a preschool teacher at Lake Bowen Baptist Church. She was charged with 10 counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The church's pastor said she was fired on Monday.
Lindsay, who worked as a kindergarten teacher at Boiling Springs Elementary, is charged with nine counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and criminal sexual conduct with a minor between 11 and 14 years old.
Lindsay resigned from her job Monday.
Grabarkiewicz was released from the Spartanburg County Detention Center Wednesday morning after posting a $25,000 bond and agreeing to home detention, according to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal.
She was also served with divorce papers by her husband of 17 years, Eddie Grabarkiewicz, who has asked for "complete care, control and custody" of the couple's three children, ages 12, 9 and 7, and child support, his lawyer told the paper.
Lindsay remains in jail on a $50,000 bond.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing