Bruno Mars Mug Shot: Singer Arrested in Las Vegas on Cocaine Charge
LAS VEGAS (CBS/AP) Singer-songwriter Bruno Mars was found with a bag of cocaine in the bathroom of the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel & Casino over the weekend, say police.
Mars, whose real name is Peter Hernandez, was arrested early Sunday after being detained by hotel security. He was booked into county jail on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Dept. says the "Just the Way You Are" singer was carrying 2.6 grams of cocaine.
Formal charges have not yet been filed, but the 24-year-old singer is due back in court on November 18.
According to the arrest report obtained by TMZ, Hernandez entered a bathroom stall with a bag of a white, powdery substance.
After taking what seemed like an unusually long time, the bathroom attendant alerted a security guard who confronted Hernandez as he exited the stall, says the report. When asked to hand over any narcotics he may have had, the report says that Hernandez pulled the bagged substance from his jeans pocket.
Authorities say it later tested positive as cocaine.
The report states Hernandez was then taken to a holding cell where he was questioned by an arresting officer.
The report states that Hernandez asked the officer, "Can I speak to you honestly, sir?" He then reportedly admitted he had done a foolish thing, and claimed that he had never used drugs in the past.
Hernandez faces possible felony charges.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship