Paris Hilton Banned from Two Wynn Nightclubs on Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS (CBS/AP) It has been an interesting week for Paris Hilton, who was arrested Friday for investigation of felony possession of cocaine.
The 29-year-old heiress has been laying low and tweeting fans thanking them for their support, but yesterday Hilton - well-known for her socialite tendencies - was banned from not one, but two Wynn resorts on the Las Vegas Strip.
Wynn Resorts Ltd. Spokeswoman Jennifer Dunne told The Associated Press that Hilton is no longer welcome at Wynn Las Vegas and Encore.
Meanwhile, Hilton's boyfriend Cy Waits was "separated" from his new managerial position at Tryst Nightclub at Wynn and the XS The Nightclub at Encore following his arrest for suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Neither Waits' nor Hilton's camp have responded to the newest development.
The decision to ban the duo is a result of Friday's incident, in which Hilton and Waits were pulled over in the 34-year-old's Cadillac Escalade after an officer noticed smoke wafting from the vehicle that smelled a lot like marijuana.
Waits, who was driving, had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol, and wobbled as he failed two field sobriety tests, the arresting officer said.
Hilton on the other hand was dealing with her own bag of issues, specifically the bag of .08 grams of cocaine that allegedly fell out of her purse while she was struggling to retrieve her lip balm.
Waits spent a night in jail and was released on $2,000 bail and given a Nov. 29 court date.
Hilton's arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 27 and the heiress could face probation if convicted.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case