Brandon Spikes Video? NFL Probes Explicit Online Video, Say Reports
NEW YORK (CBS) A sexually explicit video apparently featuring New England Patriots rookie Brandon Spikes is being investigated by the NFL, according to reports.
ESPN.com reports that NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello said, "We are looking into it," via e-mail in regard to the video. According to ESPN.com, the league's personal conduct policy states that those associated with the league must avoid "conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League."
The video seems to have originated on the online video chatting site Chatroulette, a website where one can connect through webcams to a random succession of strangers. The explicit video shows a man who looks like Spikes lying in bed with a woman and receiving oral sex.
An anonymous e-mail reportedly offered the sex tape to Deadspin, Gawker media's sports blog, for $1,500, but the website publicly declined. A short time later, the video was released on the website WorldStarHipHop.com.
Spikes' agent, Terry Watson, told the Herald that his client is embarrassed about the video and said "it certainly doesn't reflect the kind of person that he is." He also explains that the video was apparently made when Spikes was in college.
"He's come a long, long, long way to get where he is," said Spikes' cousin, Rakeem McSwain of Shelby, N.C. to the Herald. "He's got too much to lose to be playing around with a videotape."
The former Florida Gators star was drafted in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases