Paris Hilton Not Worried, Claims She Didn't Know Cocaine Was in Purse, Say Reports
LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) After being arrested for possession of an illegal narcotic, most people would worry about the consequences, legal fees, and even the possibility of jail time; however, Hollywood heiress Paris Hilton is not most people and claims she is not worried about her latest arrest for possession of cocaine.
Hilton was arrested Friday night after a motorcycle cop reportedly smelled something unusual and saw a trail of smoke wafting from a Black Cadillac Escalade cruising down the Las Vegas Strip.
The cop pulled the vehicle over and allegedly found the 29-year-old socialite and her newest Romeo, Las Vegas nightclub mogul Cy Waits. Waits was driving at the time of the stop.
According to Sgt. John Sheahan, while police were questioning Waits, Hilton, who was in police custody inside the Wynn Las Vegas, allegedly reached inside her purse for "a tube of lip balm. At the same time, says Sheahan, a bindle of cocaine in a plastic bag came out of her purse" in plain view of police in the room.
Hilton was arrested on the spot on suspicion of felony cocaine possession, but is telling friend she is not worried, says The New York Daily News.
TMZ reports Hilton has already spoken up, claiming her girlfriend is to blame for the illegal contents of her purse.
"I had no idea the cocaine was there. I swear on my life," Hilton told friends.
Waits was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It was also reported that the 34-year-old was fired from his managerial posts for Wynn and Encore properties, reports The New York Daily News.
Unfortunately for Waits, there are apparently consequences for spending a night with Paris.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn