Remy Gonzalez, "Cake Boss" Brother-in-Law, Charged with Sexually Assaulting Jersey Teen
NEW YORK (CBS) Remy Gonzalez, brother-in-law of Buddy Valastro of the TLC reality show "Cake Boss," has been arrested for sexually assaulting a minor, according to a report.
The New Jersey Star-Ledger reports that Gonzalez was charged with first- and third-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree sex assault, third-degree endangering and fourth-degree criminal-sexual contact.
According to an arrest affidavit obtained by the paper, Gonzalez was arrested on Aug. 17 and after detectives met with two witnesses who claim Gonzalez admitted to them committing multiple assaults on the teen.
The two witnesses claim the assaults occurred in March in East Hanover and Florham Park.
He is being held in the Morris County jail with bail set at $300,000, reports the Star-Ledger.
The TLC show "Cake Boss" focuses on Buddy Valastro as he manages his bakery business in Hoboken, NJ, along with his big Italian family, who run the shop with him. Gonzalez has appeared on the show as a cake decorator.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call