ESPN Commentator Jay Mariotti Arrested for Alleged Violence Against Girlfriend
LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) ESPN commentator and sports writer Jay Mariotti was arrested over the weekend following an alleged "domestic incident" with his girlfriend.
Officer Norma Eisenman of the Los Angeles Police Dept. says the 51-year-old was released from jail Saturday on $50,000 bail after being booked on an undisclosed felony charge earlier that morning.
Los Angeles Police Dept. sources told The Los Angeles Times Mariotti and his girlfriend exchanged harsh words at a club in Santa Monica after he suspected his girlfriend was flirting with another man.
The couple left the club, but the cash allegedly continued at their Venice-area apartment.
During the alleged altercation, Mariotti reportedly pushed, shoved, and grabbed his girlfriend leaving marks on her arms, says The Los Angeles Times.
When police arrived at the apartment, Mariotti's girlfriend had reportedly suffered cuts and bruises.
Mariotti is a panelist on the ESPN show "Around the Horn" and regularly writes for Fanhouse.com, a website owned by AOL.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin