Yeardley Love and George Huguely Fought Violently Before Her Death, Say Documents
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (CBS/AP) New details have emerged in the investigation into the murder of University of Virginia student Yeardley Love.
According to documents filed in the Charlottesville Circuit court, Love and her suspected murderer George Huguely had gotten into a fight a few days before she was found slain in her apartment on May 3.
The search warrant affidavits released late Tuesday reveal fragments of an e-mail exchange between Love and her classmate and ex-boyfriend Huguely.
Police say they were able to locate and extract the e-mail from the memory of Love's laptop after Huguely confessed to stealing her computer and dumping it in a trash bin.
Charlottesville police detective Lisa T. Reeves wrote in the affidavit that the e-mail "is evidence of a prior incident between Huguely and Love." But the cause and details remain a mystery to the public whose copy of the affidavit contains blacked out text.
The affidavit obtained by police also contains an account from one of Love's sorority sisters who claims she saw a fight between the former couple in which Love hit Huguely with her purse in his apartment.
Charlottesville Police have charged the 22-year-old Huguely with first-degree murder in the death of Yeardley Love; however, Huguely claims the tragedy which devastated Love's family, friends, and the entire UVA campus was an accident.
Complete Coverage of the Yeardley Love Murder on Crimesider.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan