Lorenzen Wright Update: Police Search Home of Ex-Wife of Murdered Former NBA Player
Police spent most of Sunday searching for evidence at the 39-year-old's Collierville home, but no arrests were made.
Myeyewitnessnews.com reports that officers could be seen removing several items from the house and were closely inspecting the grill and fire pit.
Police took a special interest in the backyard area after neighbors said they saw a large fire in Sherra's backyard after her ex-husband's disappearance. Neighbors reported the fire because it happened to be one of the hottest nights of the year, reports my eyewitnessnews.com.
Instead of squashing rumors that she was involved in her ex-husband's murder, Sherra watched the search unfold from inside a van parked outside her home; however, Gail Mathes, Sherra's lawyer, spoke on her behalf.
"It's sad, it's almost as if people want to find a cause and she's right at hand to blame," Mathes told CBS affiliate WREG.
Mathes also revealed an encounter that her client had six weeks before the death of Sherra's ex-husband.
According to Mathes, Sherra was threatened at her home by three men looking for Lorenzen.
Mathes claims Sherra told her ex-husband about the armed men dressed in sport coats who had threatened her, but failed to report the incident to police because "she was told that if she said anything she would be killed, or her children."
Memphis Police discovered the bullet-riddled body of the 6 foot-11 inch former NBA player three days after his family reported him missing July 22.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase