Lorenzen Wright Murder Confirmed; Authorities Say Gunshot Killed Ex-NBA Player
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (CBS/WREG) Memphis police have confirmed the murder of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright. Relatives of Wright had previously said remains found in a wooded area were his, and Thursday afternoon, the Shelby County Medical Examiner officially identified the victim as Wright. The cause of death has been ruled a homicide by gunshot wound, according to CBS affiliate WREG.
The medical examiner made the identification through dental records.
Police also confirmed a 911 call was placed from Wright's phone in the early hours of July 19th, the last day he was seen by family members.
The 34-year-old Memphis native was reported missing on July 22.
The 6'11" Wright played in the NBA for more than a decade for five different teams.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case