Ohio Woman Allegedly Poses As 14-Year-Old Boy, Pursues Teenage Girl
Dye, a petite woman who stands at 4 feet 11 inches, went by the alias "Matt Abrams" when pursuing the young girl. She made her boyish look more believable when she reportedly cut her hair into a short, androgynous style, said CBS affiliate WKRC.
Police started an investigation after the teenage girl fled from a hotel in June when she discovered that Dye was really a woman - and not the teenage boy she appeared to be. "They were boyfriend-girlfriend," reported Sgt. Bob Marchiny to the Dayton Daily News. "(Dye) looks just like a boy."
Dye was arrested June 30 and admitted to posing as a boy.
She appeared in court July 6 facing charges including unlawful sexual conduct with, and contributing to, the delinquency of a minor. The judge sent Dye's case to a grand jury Tuesday following the pretrial hearing.
Dye has no prior criminal record. She is being held on $100,000 bond in the Butler County Jail.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls