Ex-Marine Jebidiah James Stipe Gets 60 Years For Craigslist Rape Plot
Jebediah James Stipe of Twentynine Palms, Calif. was sentenced by District Judge David Park after pleading guilty last month to sexual assault, aggravated kidnapping, and aggravated burglary.
According to prosecutors, Stipe posed as his ex-girlfriend and posted an ad on Craigslist claiming she wanted to play out a "rape fantasy."
It read, "Need a real aggressive man with no concern for woman," says the Los Angeles Times.
Tragically for the Casper woman, Ty Oliver McDowell responded to the ad and communicated with the "woman" via e-mail; however, in reality it was Stipe setting up his ex-girlfriend for the attack.
McDowell obtained the address from the "woman" and forcibly entered the Casper woman's home in December, tied her hands together, and prosecutors say, raped her at gunpoint.
McDowell, 27, has pleaded guilty to felony charges in the case and is awaiting sentencing, which is scheduled for Tuesday.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER:
March 8, 2010 - Alleged "Craigslist Rapist" Ty McDowell: Ex-Marine Tricked Me into Raping Former Girlfriend
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom