Poll: Should Murderer Ronnie Lee Gardner Face Utah Firing Squad?
Barring the success of any last-minute appeals, his execution will be carried out shortly after 12:01 a.m. Friday.
Gardner was sentenced to death in 1985 for the Salt Lake City courthouse slaying of attorney Michael Burdell during a failed escape attempt.
Gardner chose firing squad as the means of his death.
If executed, Gardner will become the first person to be put to death by firing squad in the United States in 14 years.
What do you think about this unusual form of execution?
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths