James Farentino, Dynasty Actor, Arrested For Misdemeanor Battery
Farentino who was booked at the Los Angeles Police Dept.'s Hollywood station was released from jail Monday morning after posting $20,000 bail, reports CBS affiliate KTLA.
Los Angeles Police say they were called to Farentino's home around 6:00 p.m on Sunday after an unidentified male invoked his right to make a citizen's arrest of the actor.
Although the circumstances of the incident are not entirely clear, police say the man, who had visible bruises, claims Farentino assaulted him when the actor attempted to physically remove the man remove his home. The alleged victim then arrested the actor, and called the police.
Unfortunately for Farentino, this is not his first brush with the law, says KTLA.
The actor was forced to undergo psychiatric and alcohol counseling, after he pleaded no contest to multiple counts of misdemeanor stalking of Frank Sinatra's youngest daughter, Tina.
In addition to counseling, Farentino, who had threatened Tina's life after their break-up, was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from his former flame.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case