Joran van der Sloot Mug Shot (PICTURE): Inmate 326390
The mug shot was taken June 11, 2010 and obtained by The Associated Press via Peruvian television station America Television.
The Dutch national is seen holding his inmate number in a picture taken just before he was transferred to the maximum security Miguel Castro Castro prison where, for his own protection, he will have his own cell in a small block near the prison director's office, spokesman Bruno Guzman told The Associated Press.
Peruvian police said van der Sloot, long suspected in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, has confessed to killing 21-year-old Peruvian business student Stephany Flores on May 30, after they met playing poker.
The photo was broadcast during America Television's show "Domingo al Dia", on Sunday, June 13, 2010.
It was not yet known when the murder trial might begin. A judge must first be assigned to hear the case.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen