Nazril Irham Sex Tape? Indonesian Celebrities Could Face 10 Years in Prison
It is the first scandal of its kind - an apparent celebrity sex video leaked to the Internet - for a country with strict anti-pornography laws.
Police have threatened to charge pop singer Irham and two former girlfriends under an anti-pornography law. If found guilty, they could face up to 10 years in prison and a fine of US $500,000, even if there was no indication the intimate, but explicit, sex scenes were ever intended for public viewing.
The first video leaked was a six-minute video clip that appears to show Irham in bed with his girlfriend Luna Maya, a top model, actress and, up until the scandal, the face of Lux beauty soap.
Local media said the video started appearing in early June after Irham's laptop was stolen and many similar tapes, with other celebrities, were still out there.
Then a second eight-minute video emerged, purportedly showing Irham with a former girlfriend, also a well-liked model and television presenter, further fanning public appetite.
Irham and Maya have denied it is them, saying the footage was doctored, but they were called in for questioning by police.
The deputy national police spokesman, Brig. Zainuri Lubis, said Monday the probe was ongoing.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family