Paula Deen's Housekeeper Charged with Stealing $100,000 Worth of Jewelry
Savannah-Chatham police told the Savannah Morning News they went to Deen's Wilmington Island home on May 3 on a report of about $100,000 worth of men's and women's jewelry that had vanished within the past year.
Deen's husband Michael Anthony Groover told police the couple had caught housekeeper Mary Alice White, 47, with some jewelry and had fired her.
Authorities charged White on May 5 with theft. They say she was caught trying to pawn a pair of $18,000 earrings at a Savannah pawnshop.
When contacted by The Associated Press, White denied the allegations and hung up.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home