Debrahlee Lorenzana (PICTURES) Fired for Being Too Sexy?
NEW YORK (CBS) Debrahlee Lorenzana claims in court papers that she was forced out of her Manhattan Citibank job because she was too good looking, reports the New York Post.
According to the paper, Lorenzana says she was subject to "improper comments" and was reprimanded for dressing sexily - when all she was doing was dressing professionally.
In this anything-but-typical sex harassment case, first reported by The Village Voice, when Lorenzana complained about the treatment, her court papers say she was stripped of some of her duties, before Citibank approved her request for a transfer to a new branch. The New York Post says she claims her situation did not improve with the transfer, and she was reprimanded, unfairly according to her, for not signing up enough new customers.
She was fired, according to the Post, in August 2009, and her gender discrimination lawsuit is currently in private arbitration. The paper says that a statement released by Citibank describes the suit as being "without merit."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin