Mark Hardy, L.A. Kings Assistant Coach, Charged With Sex Abuse of Female Relative
That's according to the Los Angeles Times, citing court documents, that say the alleged victim walked with Hardy from a bar in northwest Wash., D.C. to the Mayflower Hotel. The two went to the hotel room where Hardy had been staying since Wednesday, according to the documents, which also state that the alleged victim, a relative of the coach, claimed they were both very drunk.
The woman claims she fell asleep and was awoken by Hardy fondling her, the documents state. She then allegedly ran from the bedroom to the living room area of the suite, and then to the front desk for help. The police were then called.
The 51-year-old Hardy made an initial court appearance Friday in D.C. Superior Court. He was ordered to be evaluated for alcohol treatment, according to court documents.
The Kings said in a statement that they were aware of the sex abuse charge and had no further comment.
Hardy played in the National Hockey League for 15 years. He began his second stint as an assistant coach for the Kings in 2008. He was also a former Kings defenseman from 1979-88 and 1992-94.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor