Ninjas Recue Student From Vicious Muggers, Ninjas Dude, Ninjas
SYDNEY (CBS/AP) Oh my god it's ninjas!
It's not everyday that movies play out in reality, but one lucky medical student is thanking his lucky stars and a group of ninjas who rescued him from vicious muggers in Sydney.
The German student was traveling alone on a late-night train when three men approached him and demanded this wallet, but the 27-year-old student refused to surrender it, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
Dissatisfied with their first mugging attempt, the men followed the student after he exited the train. He turned down a dimly lit alley, says the Sydney Morning Herald. The muggers attacked the student, kicking him as he lay on the ground.
Normally, it's game over.
However, what the men did not know was that they were standing outside Ninja Senshi Ru, a ninja warrior school, and ninja Nathan Smith had witnessed the attack and notified his sensei, Kaylan Soto.
Mr. Soto, who has 30 years' Ninjutsu training, and three of his pupils, raced into the alleyway. The ninjas wore the traditional all black uniform and blended in with the night.
''We would have been just a silhouette,'' one of the ninjas, Steve Ashley, told the Herald. ''It was probably the worst place in Sydney where they could have taken him.''
The startled assailants quickly ran once they realized that they were about to get their butts handed to them by ninjas.
''You should have seen their faces when they saw us in ninja gear coming towards them,'' Mr. Soto told the paper which said police eventually tracked the muggers down and booked them.
The medical student was shaken, but only suffered minor injuries.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death