Anna Malova, Former Miss Russia, Arrested For Drugs in NY, Says Paper
The Long Island Press writes that the 38-year-old Moscow beauty was arrested Tuesday as she was walking out of a New York pharmacy.
Malova was Miss Russia in 1998 and was one of the top 10 women in the Miss Universe Pageant, the paper says.
Though she is a doctor in her native country, she is not licensed to practice medicine in the United States.
Malova has been charged with criminal possession of narcotics, forgery and criminal impersonation of a physician, according to The Long Island Press.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor