Mary Richardson Kennedy, RFK Jr. Wife, Busted for DUI
According to police, Kennedy's blood-alcohol level was over the legal limit of 0.08 at 0.11 percent. She had said she was headed to pick people up at a fair.
Police would not comment on whether anyone else was in the car when Kennedy was arrested or if she had a lawyer. There was no phone listing for the Kennedy home.
Police had responded to the Kennedy home twice in the week before the arrest, but no arrests were made, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.. Lt. Jeff Dickan told the paper those visits were unrelated to the drunk driving arrest.
In one visit, Kennedy reported a dispute between children, Dickan said. The other visit resulted in a state domestic incident report, but there were "no crimes committed, no report of assault, no arrests and no need for follow-up," Dickan told the Chronicle.
Mary Richardson Kennedy's husband, Robert Kennedy Jr., is the son of former Sen. Robert Kennedy and nephew of President John F. Kennedy.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case