Bathtub Murders: Brooklyn Mom, Shakeeman Elliot, and Daughter Killed; Accused Knew Mother, Say Cops
The New York Police Department said detectives arrested 24-year-old Amahal Lynch on charges of second-degree murder.
Lynch had known the 29-year-old mother police said, but they did not disclose a motive. CBS affiliate WCBS reports that family members said the suspect and Elliot had dated casually but were not a couple.
Officers found the bodies Sunday while investigating a possible burglary at a fourth-floor apartment in the Sheepshead Bay section of Brooklyn.
A friend, Tobias Stuart, said there had been no previous signs of trouble. "She was a loving mother," Stuart told the Daily News. "It was just her and her daughter all the time."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing