Randy Quaid and Wife Arrested, Released in $10,000 Hotel Bill Case
This time warrants were issued after they repeatedly failed to appear in criminal court in connection with alleged unpaid hotel bills.
Senior deputy district attorney Lee Carter says the actor and his wife were arrested Monday when they finally showed to face the charges.
Randy and Evi Quaid were then eleased after posting $100,000 bail each, and were told to return for a court hearing on Wednesday, the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department said in a news release.
The Quaids failed to appear in court two weeks ago on a felony case alleging they defrauded an innkeeper out of more than $10,000. They have missed several court appearances in the case, which is being heard in Santa Barbara, about 90 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
A phone message left for the Quaids' attorney, Robert Sanger, was not immediately returned.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
September 24, 2009 - Randy Quaid and Wife Arrested for Skipping Hotel Bill
September 24, 2009 - Randy Randy Quaid Arrested for $10,000 Hotel Bill, How Did He Cough Up $40,000 Bail?
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student