Transgender Killer Tells Massachusetts Taxpayers to Put Mammogram on Her Tab
Massachusetts corrections officials, already under fire for the transgender inmate's taxpayer-funded hormone treatments, now face criticism for providing Kosilek, who now calls herself Michelle, with a mammogram, MyFoxBoston.com reports.
Among the outraged is Bristol County Sheriff Tom Hodgson who told MyFoxBoston.com: "This is a killer who wants to be a girl, a man who murdered his wife, who has access to better health care than citizens who are paying for his incarceration."
The Massachusetts' Department of Corrections has sided with the complicated convict on this medical matter and released a statement to MyFoxBoston.com, saying: "The DOC's responsibility is care and custody of inmates, including health care. Clinical indications for mammograms are not gender specific. If a mammogram is recommended by a physician for a male inmate, one would be provided where medically appropriate, as determined by the DOC's medical service provider."
Ultimately, Kosilek wants the taxpayers of Massachusetts to pay for sex reassignment surgery, but in the meantime she has requested and received hormone treatments, and has renewed a request for further electrolysis to get rid of his stubble.
Apparently, Kosilek has forgotten that she is serving a life sentence for murder and is not on an all-inclusive vacation at Club Med.
In 1993, Kosilek had a revelation and decided it was time to start living his life as a woman. Ever since then, she has been fighting with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to pay for a sex change on the grounds that to continue life as a man would be cruel and unusual punishment, says USA Today.
Kosilek has testified that if she does undergo the sex reassignment surgery she sees no reason to continue living.
Prison officials are concerned that if Kosilek is granted the sex change, she will become irresistible to the other male inmates.
But it's likely no amount of surgery could make this dude look like a lady.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
November 23, 2009 - Cross-Dressing Killer Robert Kosilek Wants You To Pay For Hair-Removal Treatments Behind Bars
August 1, 2008 - Tax Dollars At Work: Will State Pay for Wife-Killer's Sex Change?
August 10, 2008 - Pretty in Prison: Cross-Dressing Wife-Killer Wants Smooth Legs
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home