Does Video Show Man Dumping Wife's Body in Lake?
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (CBS/WFOR) Munawar Toha made an emotional plea to the public Monday asking for help finding his missing wife. Now, police say they have surveillance footage that shows a man who fits Toha's description disposing of his wife's body.
CBS affiliate WFOR reports, Coral Springs Police Sgt. Joe McHugh said, "What you see in the surveillance video is actually a gentleman fitting the suspect's description actually getting a bicycle out of the trunk of the car, for his ride home, and actually pushing the vehicle into the lake. At first you see him pushing through the fence and then he gets out of the car and actually physically pushes it into the lake."
Munawar Toha's wife, Surya Sari-Prihatin Toha, disappeared on March 23 after she dropped off her children at school. The 63-year-old husband reported her missing the next day.
Police found Surya's 2001 Daewoo in Crystal Lake with her body inside and a bag covering her head the very same day Toha appealed to the public for help. According to autopsy results, Surya died due to blunt force trauma to the head.
Police were interested in Toha as a prime suspect from the beginning, said Coral Springs Det. Scott Myers to WFOR. "His body language and his actions were not consistent with a grieving husband who just lost his wife."
The Coral Springs man was arrested Tuesday and was charged with first-degree murder. A judge found probable cause to hold Toha without bond until his trial.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home