Richard R. Finch: KC and the Sunshine Band Founder Pleads Not Guilty to Sex with Boys
The music producer appeared in Licking County Common Pleas Court on Tuesday.
Finch was arrested last month after a boy told police he'd had sexual contact with him at his Newark, Ohio home, according to officials. He faced 16 charges relating to sexual conduct with teen boys.
Police say Finch admitted having sex with several underage boys, but according to the music producer's Web site, those allegations are baseless.
"We will let due process happen through the legal system," reads the statement. "We are sure Mr. Finch will be vindicated from these unfounded allegations."
Magistrate Mattie Klein doubled Finch's bond to $500,000, and ordered him not to have contact with the alleged victims or anyone under 18 years old.
Michael Connick, Finch's lawyer, had asked that bond be reduced.
The 56-year-old Grammy award-winning former KC and the Sunshine Band bass player produced a slew of disco and funk hits including "Get Down Tonight," "That's the Way (I Like It)" and "I'm Your Boogie Man."
He is being held in the Licking County Jail.
March 25, 2010 - Richard R. Finch: KC and the Sunshine Band Founder Arrested for Sex with Boys
March 25, 2010 - Richard Finch, KC and the Sunshine Band Founder, Admits to Sex with Teen Boys, Say Police
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15