Police Interrogation: In Too Deep
Austin, TX, Aug. 26, 2005
The mutilated body of Jennifer Cave was found shot and dismembered in a bathtub at the home of University of Texas business student Colton Pitonyak.
Police searched for Pitonyak, arresting him in Mexico several days later.
At his trial, he was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 55 years in prison, but it was only days after his own arrest that his girlfriend, Laura Hall, fell under suspicion and was brought in for questioning.
Laura Hall was tried for mutilating Jennifer Cave after her death, and for helping Pitonyak to escape by driving him to Mexico.
She was found guilty and sentenced to five years in prison, but her sentence was later thrown out due to a prosecutorial mistake.
A new sentencing hearing is scheduled to begin this May. However, a new witness has come forward claiming that Laura Hall told him that she was "going to get away with murder." What impact this testimony has on both these defendants remains to be seen.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out