"Attention Wal-Mart Customers: All Black People Leave the Store Now"
"Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now," the voice calmly announced to the entire store.
Officials of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. are reviewing security tapes trying to determine who used the store's public-address system to make the offensive announcement.
Company spokeswoman Ashley Hardie says the incident was "unacceptable."
Witnesses told the Courier-Post newspaper that customers and store employees looked stunned. Management later apologized.
Washington Township police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office also are investigating.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn