Paul Merhige, Alleged Thanksgiving Killer, Seen in Gun Shop Video Day Before Massacre
Photo: surveillance photo of Paul Merhige at a Miami, Fla. ATM on Nov. 22 2009.
Police say Merhige murdered his aunt, two twin sisters, one of whom was pregnant, and a 6-year-old girl, at a Jupiter, Fla. Home, after a family meal on Thanksgiving day.
Police have released surveillance video of Merhige in a South Florida gun shop the day before the shooting.
Photo: Makayla Sitton, 6, was murdered on Thanksgiving day.
PICTURES: Thanksgiving Massacre Takes "Sweet" Makayla
Investigators have not said what, if anything, Merhige purchased there. They also have not named the store.
Prosecutors have issued an arrest warrant for four counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted first-degree murder.
VIDEO COURTESY of CBS Affiliate CBS4
Merhige has been on the run since Nov. 26. The FBI has now joined the Jupiter Police Department and the U.S. Marshal's Service in the hunt for Merhige. Law enforcement believes Merhige has fled the state , according to documents filed in federal court on Dec 4th.
In the court papers, investigators noted that Merhige withdrew a "large amount of cash" and collected clothing and a computer hard drive prior to the shootings.
The reward for Merhige's capture has increased to $35,000, thanks to a donation of $10,000 from a local business that added to the original $25,000, according to Jupiter Police. The business has asked to remain anonymous.
PICTURES: Four Dead in Thanksgiving Massacre
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
December 2, 2009 - Thanksgiving Massacre Witness: Paul Merhige Ate Dinner, Sang Songs Then Executed Family
November 30, 2009 - "Sweet" Makayla Sitton (Photos): Paul Michael Merhige Still on Run in Thanksgiving Massacre
November 27, 2009 - Paul Michael Merhige Kills Three Women, Little Girl in Thanksgiving Massacre, Say Florida Police
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"