NYT: NYSE May Soon Have European Owners
According to the Times, "A merger would potentially let customers trade stocks in New York, options tied to those shares in Paris and derivatives linked to them in Frankfurt."
The Times reports that the merger - or the potential for a merger - is an example of technology and globalization changing the world marketplace. The report states that the number of trades being done from places far away from the Stock Exchange via computer as a major reason the NYSE's presence is not as great as it used to be.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Meat labels getting facelift under new USDA rules
- The Donald prevails in fraud suit
- Turn off Windows 8 with one click