Samsung: Don't Watch 3D TV While You're Drunk
Now, with 3D television technology on its way, the warnings are coming from TV manufacturers.
Samsung, one of several companies rolling out a line of 3D TVs, has issued a lengthy health warning for 3D viewers.
According to Samsung, children and teenagers may be more at risk to health issues related to 3D viewing. Those with family history of epilepsy or strokes are warned that exposure to flashing lights may cause seizures.
Who else should avoid watching television in 3D? Pregnant women, the elderly, the sleep-deprived, those suffering from serious medical conditions and anyone under the influence of alcohol.
Samsung also warned people to stop watching 3D if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- altered vision
- involuntary movements such as eye or muscle twitching
And for the record, Samsung and Mom are on the same page - "Watching TV while sitting too close to the screen for an extended period of time may damage your eyesight."
For a Samsung's full warning, click here.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks 111 Comments
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Ellen DeGeneres buys Brad Pitt's Malibu home
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze