Orrin Hatch's Cell Phone Rings During Prayer Breakfast (Video)
As Utah Republican Senator Orrin Hatch prepared to deliver a "The Prayer for National Leaders" at the National Prayer Breakfast, he had "a calling."
His cell phone went off the moment he started to pray. He sheepishly said, "Woops...Oh dear." To gales of laughter he said, "I never learned how to turn that alarm off. I apologize. Let us pray."
You can watch the video at left.
At Prayer Breakfast, Obama Decries Politics
Obama Jokes About "Birther" Controversy
Peter Maer is a CBS News White House correspondent. You can read more of his posts in Hotsheet here.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 175 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 111 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Obama to discuss legality of drone program