Schwarzenegger Gives Obama "A" For Effort
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of the few Republicans who has something good to say about President Obama.
(AP Photo/Heribert Proepper)
On CNN yesterday, Schwarzenegger said the president "should get a straight A" for his first year "when it comes to effort."
"He's out there with tremendous energy and he's selling his ideas," the governor told CNN's John King. "And he has great enthusiasm there. He's a great speaker, a great communicator."
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-independent, was also on the program. He gave Obama "a pretty high grade."
"I hate to use letters," he said. "But [Obama] is working very hard and trying. And he's got enthusiasm and drive. And I would just urge him to don't – if he doesn't get everything he wants – don't get beaten down, don't go back into your shell."
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 178 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 290 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- What would an end to the "war on terror" look like? Play Video