Sarah Palin to Keynote Bowling Expo
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may or may not be a viable 2012 presidential candidate, but the bowling industry is probably hoping she is at least a better bowler than President Obama.
(AP Photo/ABC, Steve Fenn)
Palin will be giving the keynote address at the International Bowl Expo 2010 in June of next year, the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America (BPAA) announced today.
Dubbed the bowling industry's "premier international convention," the expo will take place between June 27 and July 1 at the Las Vegas Hilton and Las Vegas Convention Center. Palin's keynote speech is slated for the morning of June 30.
The BPAA said in a press release the industry "rolled a strike" in securing Palin's presence at the event.
"Sarah Palin is a great friend to the bowling industry and we're so proud and honored to welcome her as our keynote speaker at International Bowl Expo 2010," Steven Johnson, executive director of the BPAA, said. "Regardless of your political affiliation, Ms. Palin is a force in American politics and culture. Her presence underscores the impact and importance of bowling, one of our country's leading national pastimes and a growing $10 billion industry."
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 194 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 321 Comments