Chelsea Clinton Engaged to Marc Mezvinsky
Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton, is engaged to her boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky, CBS News confirms.
(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)
Clinton and Mezvinsky announced the engagement to friends via e-mail on Friday, the Associated Press reports, and said they will possibly marry next summer. President Clinton's spokesman Matt McKenna confirmed the engagement to CBS News.
Photos: Chelsea Clinton
The 29-year-old former White House resident met Mezvinsky as a teenager in Washington, and they both attended Stanford University. Mezvinsky, the son of former Pennsylvania Rep. Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky and former Iowa Rep. Ed Mezvinsky, now works as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs. Clinton is currently attending graduate school at Columbia University's School of Public Health.
Speculation swirled last summer that the couple would marry in August, but those rumors turned out to be false. Click here to view photos of Clinton and other high profile figures recently engaged or married.
Below is a picture of Clinton and Mezvinsky together on the beach at Hilton Head Island, S.C. in 1996:
(AP Photo/Mary Ann Chastain, file)
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 437 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 214 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 104 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 67 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 213 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate won't apologize for comments on abortion, gays
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack